Fraser Coast - Nature's Perfect Playground
Engage. Connect. Be Amazed. Then head off to the real thing…
The FRASER COAST is a stunning tapestry of nature's wonders. As part of the Great Sandy Biosphere, our diverse natural attractions are officially recognised in the same class as the Galapagos Islands and Central Amazon!
The DISCOVERY SPHERE provides the ideal starting point to immerse yourself in the beauty of our region.
- Discover Hervey Bay's personal relationship with the majestic humpback whale;
- Be inspired by the uniqueness of World Heritage listed Fraser Island, the Great Sandy Strait;
- Explore the fragile and fascinating Mary River Ecosystem;
- Uncover the rare and endangered species that seek sanctuary in our local environment;
- Enjoy a stunning theatre experience
- and learn from the legends and traditions of the Butchulla People – traditional Indigenous owners and caretakers of this land.
Children can meet our loveable Harvey the Whale and get hands-on with interactive challenges and activities. Have your photo taken alongside the magnificent twelve metre high sculpture of Hervey Bay's iconic whale, Nala, and soak up some culture at the Hervey Bay Regional Gallery.
Coming to the Discovery Sphere?
Plan your next Discovery Sphere adventure
with the April Events Calendar
Visit our What's On page for more details